From the Assets page, tabs along the left side of the screen let you view all of the endpoints, gateways and mobile reading devices in your inventory. In addition, users with administrative privileges can update endpoint details, swap out old endpoints, create new accounts and locations, remove inactive or invalid service records, update existing accounts and locations, plus assign and view jobs for installers.
The Assets page as it appears to users with administrative privileges who are using Data Exchange files to synchronize AquaCUE with their billing and customer information systems.
The Assets page as it appears to facilities not using Data Exchange to synchronize AquaCUE with their customer information systems.
Tabs marked with an asterick (*) in the descriptions below are only visible to users with administrative privileges.
Tabs marked with a dagger (†) are not supported for facilities using Data Exchange files to exchange data and synchronize AquaCUE with their customer information systems.
System Sync Tab*
This tab is only visible to facilities using Data Exchange to synchronize AquaCUE with their customer information systems.
Click Show to expand the Getting Started section. Click Hide to collapse it.
Use the Getting Started section to:
- Download the AquaCUE Starter Spreadsheet
- Jump to a Quick Start Guide that explains the Setup and Synchronization process
- Read the Data Exchange FAQ.
Use the Import module to provision endpoints and update account and service details by doing one of the following:
- Drop a Data Exchange file or AquaCUE Starter Spreadsheet file onto the Drop Zone
- Click Select File to use your computer file system to locate and select a file or AquaCUE Starter Spreadsheet to import.
Use the Activity List to:
- View a list of file imports
- See the Date, Time and number of records imported or prepared for import
- See the type of import that was performed
- See the number warnings and errors in the file
- See the name and email address of the person who handled the import
- See the method used to update the system:
- Via UI–the data exchange file was imported through the user interface (UI), that is, the file was dropped onto the Assets>System Sync>Import module
- Via API–the data exchange file was imported using the Data Exchange Import API
- Accept an import by clicking the Approve Import button
- Stop an import by clicking the Cancel Import button
- Download and review the original source file by clicking its file name
Open in a new window or tab the Exceptions Report created during the import test run by clicking View Exceptions. The total number of warnings and errors is shown, letting you quickly see whether you need to open the report and correct any errors or proceed with the import.
Use the Pagination Controls on the bottom of the Activity List to jump to the first, last or a group of entries.
This tab lists all of the endpoints in your inventory, organized in modules based on their status: Available, pre-provisioned, provisioned, archived, offline, decommissioned and unassociated.
Available endpoints are ready to be installed. Pre-provisioned endpoints are active endpoints that have successfully communicated with AquaCUE but have not yet been associated with facility account data. Archived endpoints are endpoints that are no longer in use but their data has been stored for reference. Offline endpoints are still connected to meters in the field but are not actively communicating with the system by choice. Decommissioned endpoints are endpoints that are no longer in use and were returned to Badger Meter. Unassociated endpoints are not linked to facility data in AquaCUE.
Each of the Endpoints modules has its own Search box that lets you find endpoints of interest by typing the first three digits of their serial numbers into the search field.
Use the Actions drop-down menu on the Available Endpoints, Archived Endpoints, Decommissioned Endpoints and Unassociated Endpoints sections to Export Data to a File.
Use the Actions drop-down menu on the Pre-provisioned Endpoints and Provisioned Endpoints sections to Export Reads to a File or Export Reads & Data to a File.
To change the number of entries listed within each group, select a number in the Show __ entries drop-down menu.
To rearrange the list by a field name, click one of the column headers.
This tab lists all of the network gateways in your system.
Sort gateways based on their connection status by clicking the desired radio button.
To change the number of entries displayed, select a number in the Show __ entries drop-down menu.
To find a gateway of interest, type its serial numbers into the search field.
Use the Actions drop-down menu to Export Data to a File. The data lets you see all of the settings for the gateway(s).
To rearrange the list by a field name, click one of the column headers.
To update a Gateway Passkey or Location details via the Update Gateway popup menu, click a gateway Serial Number.
Gateway Information Settings for Serial Number and Gateway Type are configured by Badger Meter personnel.
Use the Passkey field to enter or update the gateway encryption key.
Use the Service Status drop-down menu to set a gateway as being active or inactive. NOTE: Inactive gateways are not counted in the Disconnected total on the At a Glance page Gateway Health module.
Status for Connection State, Last Update and Firmware Version are transmitted by the gateway to AquaCUE.
Keep Alive Time is the length of time the network connection will idle. When this interval is exceeded a network timeout occurs. Keep Alive Time defaults to 540 seconds (9 minutes) and is not user configurable.
Use the Gateway Location fields to enter the Gateway Location Name, Address Lines 1-3, City, State/Province and Zip/Postal Code. Enter Location Latitude and Longitude coordinates and click Update Map to view the gateway location in Google maps.
When finished updating gateway information, click Save to store your changes in AquaCUE.
See all of the handheld meter reading devices in your inventory.
To pair a mobile device with AquaCUE, do the following:
- Configure the Trimble Ranger 3 device by following the instructions on pages 80-85 of the ORION Field Application 4.0 for Trimble Ranger (BEA-UM_00989-EN-01).
- Using the Trimble Ranger 3, navigate to the ORION Field Application menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Enable AquaCUE FMM Functionality. An Access Code displays on the screen.
- In AquaCUE, choose Assets>Mobile and click Pair Device.
- Enter the case-sensitive code created in step 4.
- Click Pair. When the code is confirmed in AquaCUE, the handheld is configured and ready to receive data.
The Downloads tab gives facilities that use ORION Mobile Read software access to Trimble Ranger 7 ORION CE Module and ORION ME Module software support packages.
From your Trimble Ranger 7 handheld reading device, log into AquaCUE, navigate to the Downloads tab and click a Download button to get and install the desired software support package.
Use this tab to update details for a provisioned endpoint and un-provision endpoints by doing the following:
- Start typing an endpoint’s serial number in the Find existing endpoint field.
- Select the endpoint from the list. Once selected, the endpoint’s details will automatically fill in.
- Make any necessary changes, and then click the Update Endpoint button.
This tab is used to manually provision a single endpoint, associating it with an Account ID, Location ID and Meter ID in AquaCUE. To manually provision an endpoint, follow these instructions. This workflow is not supported for customers using AquaCUE Data Exchange.
Use the Swap tab to provision an endpoint to an existing meter that has already been associated with a location and account in AquaCUE. This is typically done when replacing an existing endpoint with a new one.
- Search for the existing meter by entering its Location Name, Location ID, Meter Serial Number or Meter ID, and select it from the list.
- Search for a pre-provisioned endpoint by typing its serial number into the New endpoint search on Serial Number drop-down menu, and select it from the list.
- Select the applicable option from the Select Reason drop-down menu.
- When all applicable fields are complete, click the Swap Endpoint to Meter button.
The Account tab is used to add a new Account or update information for an existing account in AquaCUE.
To update an existing account:
- Search for an existing account by entering the Account ID, Name or Address and then select the account from the list. Notice the existing account information automatically fills in the fields. Note: When searching for an Account ID, Name or Address that includes a forward slash, type just the numbers and letters. Do not include the slash. For example, to search for 123/a Main Street, type 123a Main Street.
- Edit any applicable fields.
- When finished, click the Update Account button.
To assign an existing endpoint to an account:
- Search for an existing account by entering its Account ID, Name or Address, and select the account from the list.
- On the bottom of the section, search for an existing endpoint by entering the endpoint serial number or the Location Name, and select the endpoint from the list.
- When finished, click the Update Account button.
Use the Location tab to add a new Location or update information for an existing Location in AquaCUE.
- Search for an existing Location by entering its Location ID, Name or Address, and select the Location from the list.
Note: When searching for a Location ID, Name or Address that includes a forward slash, type just the numbers and letters. Do not include the slash. For example, to search for 123/a Main Street, type 123a Main Street.
- Edit the applicable fields.
- When finished, click the Update Location button.
To add a new Location:
- Click the New button.
- Fill in all applicable fields (Location Name is the only required field, but including a Location ID is recommended).
- When finished, click the Create Location button.
The Service tab lets users with administrative privileges easily remove inactive or invalid accounts and service records from the system. For services with active endpoints, it is recommended (but not required) that they be unprovisioned before this procedure is performed. When completed, the Monitor page card for the account will be removed permanently.
The act of deleting a service only removes the association between meter, account and location. Flow data and other information pertaining to the meter and endpoint remain in the system.
NOTE: Proceed with caution – This action is permanent and irreversible. It cannot be undone!
- Choose Assets>Service tab.
- Click the drop-down menu, and enter three or more characters of one of the following.
• Location ID
• Account Name
• Account LocationTIP: If you cut and paste a Location ID, name or address from a spreadsheet, be sure to remove any extra spaces that come before or after the actual characters of interest before pressing enter.
- Select the location you want to remove from the system.
- If the location has more than one service point, select the Service Point ID from the drop-down menu.
- Click Lookup Service.
- Verify that the account is really the one you want to delete by doing one of the following:
• Cross reference the Location ID and Meter ID displayed in the card with other records.
a. Click the Location tab on the card to compare the Location ID.
b. Click the Meter tab on the card to compare the Meter ID.
If the location includes multiple service points, verify that you have selected the correct Service Point ID.
- If you are certain you selected the correct service record, click the red Delete Service button.
- If you selected the wrong service record, click the blue Lookup Another Service button and repeat Step 1.A popup menu asks you to confirm that you want to proceed.
- Click the red Delete Service button to delete the service record. A confirmation of the service deletion is displayed.
- To remove another service record, click the drop-down menu and repeat Step 2.
Use this tab to assign endpoint installation or endpoint swap jobs to installers in the field. The Jobs section lists all open jobs and their status. The Archived Jobs section lets you see a history of previous jobs.
To create a new job:
- Click the Create Job button.
- Select a Job Type using the drop-down menu.
- Fill all applicable fields.
- When finished, click the Save New Job button to add the job and send it to the optional AquaCUE Tool app for iPhone.
Data Diagnostics Tab*
This tab is only visible to facilities using Data Exchange to synchronize AquaCUE with their billing and customer information systems.
The Diagnostics section lets users with administrative privileges review and troubleshoot the results of Data Exchange file imports and quickly see:
- Service Configurations
- Service Agreements
- Endpoint History
- Meter History
for service points at a given location. In addition, advanced users can get visibility into AquaCUE database entries.
To use the Data Diagnostics section:
- Enter at least three characters in the Service Location pulldown.
Tip: Type *** to see a list of all the location service points in your facility.
- Select the service point of interest at a given location.
- Review the service configurations, service agreements, endpoint history and meter history at the selected location service point.
- If desired, use the advanced section to review Service Configuration Database data, Search Index data and Cache data as it appears in “under the hood” in AquaCUE. Click Show to expand each portion of the advanced section.
In the Endpoint section, a Status of Valid has two meaning:
• If no removal date has been given, Valid indicates a normally function endpoint. Messages can be received and reads stored.
• If a removal date has been given, Valid indicates that until the removal date (if one if given), the endpoint was operating. In addition, the the latest endpoint configuration has a status of Valid and a removal date, any new messages received by AquaCUE are ignored and the endpoint has been decommissioned.